Board based on the Kirin 970 - HI3670 Application Processor
More info: http://www.96boards.org/product/hikey970/ (Website coming soon…)
Buy now: https://www.seeedstudio.com/HiKey-970-Development-Board-p-3046.html
I want to customize the kernel so I followed the below steps (as given in https://github.com/wincle626/Hikey970_Debian_Linux_Installation)
- Download kernel source file from:https://github.com/96boards-hikey/linux/tree/hikey970-v4.9
- Make sure ARM64 GCC complier is installed: sudo apt install gcc-aarch64-linux-gnu g+±aarch64-linux-gnu
- Go to the source folder and set up the enviroment variable for cross compie and buld kernel .config:export CROSS_COMPILE=aarch64-linux-gnu-make ARCH=arm64 hikey970_defconfig
- Change .config with:make ARCH=arm64 menuconfig
- Build kernel:make ARCH=arm64
- The kernel image file is:arch/arm64/boot/Image
After completing the above steps:
- First I removed the the Image located in /boot/ of the board.
- Copy the Image from /arch/arm64/boot/Image.
After the Monitor just glows and no other screen comes up basically doesn’t reboot.
Can someone please help me or direct me to correct steps to do this.